16-19 janvier, 2017
4855, rue Louis-B.-Mayer,
Laval, QC, H7P 6C8
January 28-31, 2017
151 Royal Group Crescent
Vaughan, ON, L4H 1X9
February 5-7, 2017
SHERWOOD PARK COMMUNITY CENTRE AGORA ROOM
401 Festival Lane,
Sherwood Park, AB, T8A 5T8
April 2-4, 2017
350 Horseshoe Lake Drive, Halifax, NS, B3S 0B4
November Retail Tips
- Decorate your store for Christmas. Play Christmas music to encourage shoppers.
- Don’t forget to keep the store full with basics. Reorder November and December.
- Feature outdoor decorations such as lights, wreaths, bows & bulbs, etc.
- Regularly rotate giftware items.
- Stock up cold weather gear such as ice scrapers, antifreeze, salt, etc.
- Don’t forget hats, mittens, scarves, gloves.
- Build a Christmas stocking stuffer section in mid-November.
- Make sure your craft section is well stocked as people make their own decorations and gifts for Christmas.
- Review last year’s seasonal sales / notes and last year’s inventory.
December Retail Tips
Generate some extra revenue this holiday season:
With your store nicely decorated, Christmas music playing in the background and merchandise displayed strategically around the store you are sure to have a significant increase in sales from the month before. Here are a few extra tips on how to capitalize on this time of year:
- By the end of the first week of December, you should have a new endcap set up displaying party hats, wrapping paper, serviettes, disposable tableware, etc.
- Historically, the highest volume of sales on bags, tissues and bows occur the week of December 18th -24th. Make sure you are ready – STOCK UP!
- Maintain a large quantity of gift-wrap essentials: bags, tissue paper, bows, ribbons, etc.
- Have a visible section of scissors, tape, glue and sparkling markers. May be displayed in your impulse buy section.
- Include photo albums/ frames endcap as Christmas is the season for pictures.
- Continue to rotate/ change your endcaps to give your store a new look.
- Cash area remains the #1 impulse buy section; therefore, try new items in this area. Take notes on what sells well and what does not.
- Throughout the month be well stocked with gloves mittens, and hats.
- Starting December 26th is boxing week. Use this time to clear out all Christmas items i.e. wrap, cards, bags, etc. at 30%-50% off.