JANUARY - APRIL 2020 SHOWS
MAY - SEPTEMBER 2020 SHOWS
May 12-14, 2020
CENTRE, HALL 3
6900 Airport Road, Hall 3
Mississauga, ON, L4V 1E8
Happy New Year!
After the busy weeks leading up to Christmas and New Years, January provides a good time to re-merchandise your store as well as add or change departments. Take the time to review your seasonal sales compared to previous years and set goals for the upcoming year. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
- Check your storage for over stock items that need to be cleared out.
- Change the endcaps around your store from Christmas related items to every day items, cold weather gear and the upcoming holiday Valentine’s Day.
- January is a good time to decorate your store or parts of it for Valentine’s Day.
- Get ready for the Trader’s Forum Shows.
Tips for attending the Quebec Retail Fair and the Trader’s Forum Show:
- Search for cheap flights and hotels ahead of time.
- Make sure you have staff scheduled to work your store the days you are away.
- Review the Trader’s Forum magazine to devise a plan for which suppliers you need to visit.
- Ask your suppliers for planograms. Knowing how and where products should be displayed will increase customer’s purchases as well as help your store’s space more effectively.
- Have an idea of what you want to accomplish inside your store with the items you are purchasing. Following a floor plan with labeled sections in your store will help you avoid unwanted items.
Good time to pre-book items for Halloween, Christmas and New Years
- Valentine’s Day is Friday, February 14th.
- Valentine’s Day products should be on the floor one month prior.
- Change Endcaps and feature items every 2 weeks.
- Be well stocked on red and white tissue and gift bags.
- Have pre-made balloon bouquets available.
June – August
- Father’s Day is Sunday, June 16.
- Create and decorate a “Dad” section.
- Feature a wedding endcap, bridal shower and baby endcaps early in the summer.
- Stock up on fireworks, flags, red and white balloons, cups napkins and other party accessories for Canada Day – July 1st.
- Stock up on items for Canada’s 150 years celebration.
- Start pre- booking for upcoming Valentine’s Day, Easter and Spring
- Start building your back to school section at the end of July. Include stationery, backpacks, lunch snacks, etc.
May – Mother’s Day:
- Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12
- Make and display Gift Baskets on May 1st, include picture frames.
- All cottage and camping gear should be out at the beginning of the month.
- Display an endcap of fireworks for Victoria Day, May 20
- Have teacher thank you cards and gifts on display throughout the month.